Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Rainbows

For some reason this morning I was feeling really abandoned by Gar.  It started last night.  It had been a "pajama day" for me, lay low, do a few things, but most of all, stay in your pajamas all day.  Stef stopped by, so I had a good visit with a friend, but mostly it was me and the dogs.  I was so lonely when I went to bed, and really missed Gar, was even a little angry for his dying.  Take that back, I was a lot angry.  My mind wandered in and out of dreams all night, and while they were comforting, Gar wasn't in any of them.  So I woke up this morning and just felt really abandoned.  I sat down at my computer in the kitchen while I was feeding the dogs and looked out the window.  There was the most beautiful rainbow, a full one.  I could see both ends off my deck, and I caught the beginning of it, so it kept getting brighter and brighter.  Gar knows how I've always seen God and God's goodness in rainbows, and how special they are to me, so Gar and God worked together to give me a wonderful treat.  It gave me hope again, when hope was pretty low.

After the rainbow started to dim, I went to my daily bible readings.  This is how the chapter I was reading in Corinthians closed 16 But whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory,are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.~~2nd Corinthians 3:16-18.  It dawned on my that both Gar's physical and spiritual vision was restored to him in his death, thanks to Jesus, so Gar's face is truly unveiled now, and he is seeing God in God's glory, and shared part of that with me this morning in the rainbow.  Thank you God for restoring Gar's vision, and most of all, thanks for 30 years with Gar.  God is good, all the time.

No comments: