Saturday, September 28, 2013

God's Promise

18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, 19 and his incomparably great power for us who believe. That power is the same as the mighty strength ~~Ephesians 1:18-20

I posted those words on my Facebook page today, and I decided that I needed them here.  I need those words and that promise today.  Yesterday was a tough one.  It was two months since Gar died, and it was harder than I thought it would be.  In a lot of ways, the first 2-3 weeks following Gar's death were easier than the last 2-3 weeks have been.  I think it's because in those first few days, I was numb, I couldn't think and I functioned on auto-pilot.  The anesthesia has worn off, and the reality has set in.  I have always heard about "the grief process", and I have been through it several times in my life, but this grief process is unlike any that I have been through, probably because this is the biggest grief I have ever been through.  I am still amazed at the tears.  Sometimes they just keep coming and coming.  I have been told that the number of tears shed shows how much a person was loved.  If that is the case, Gar was very loved.  

I also laid awake a lot last night, searching for the elusive cloak of sleep.  What finally got me to sleep was just praying for strength.  God answered my prayers and I slept.  Then I awoke this morning and did my daily bible reading.  Those words were in my daily reading this morning.  Talk about prayers answered.  I needed to see those words this morning to be reminded that the strength that God will give me to get through this grieving process and move on to life without Gar.  So I remind myself of God's great strength, give thanks for 30 years with Gar and start another day with God's promise.  God is good, all the time!

No comments: