Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Decisions, decisions, decisions

Finally, a day where 70 degrees is a real possibility.  As I write this, I am sitting next to an open window and it feels wonderful. I am also enjoying the new desk with all of it's wonderful organization possibilities.   I got some big decisions made today, and am feeling fairly good about it.

This first thing done was to order a stone for Gar's grave.  I found a really nice company in Anoka, and she was very helpful.  I am keeping the design a secret until the stone is installed.  I am really happy with it, and the lady was very helpful.  It will be put on the grave before Memorial Day, as soon as the ground is ready,

The other decision is on my move.  I had a self imposed deadline of having everything out of the house in Ramsey by May 4th. I am learning that this deadline is unrealistic.  I work on it every day, but seem to be unable to get as much done as needs to be done to achieve this deadline.    I work on the house each day, but it is harder than I anticipated.  I get overwhelmed by the amount of work, the memories and the quickly approaching self imposed deadline, then I do a mini shutdown.   So today I decided that I will keep on working, and it will get done when it gets done.Maybe this will free me to get more done.

A huge part of getting my house ready involves some of the details that Gar and I were unable to do while we lived there.  There are also the necessary repairs that are needed after 25 years in a house.  I have been truly blessed to find two wonderful handymen.  They are taking care of all that needs to be done, and doing some things for  Liz and I at Liz's house.  They are hard workers and they have an amazing work ethic, taking pride in all that they do.  They are also very respectful of my budget.  I have thanked God for them several times during this process.  Thanks to Ruth too for recommending them.

So, as you see, it's baby steps, but I am learning how to be proud of baby steps.  I know that I take this baby steps with God holding me up and it is all in God's plans.  God is good, all the time.

No comments: