Friday, November 1, 2013

All Saints Day

So, today is All Saints Day, and my husband has joined the Communion of Saints in the past year.  This is something that I could not have imagined, even six months ago.  There have been times in the last three months where that thought has still been inconceivable, yet it is still my reality.  I still question God, but I am learning, somewhat, to accept it.  I can't do anything else.

I have given myself permission to ramble today.  Usually when I sit down to blog, I have try to stay with one thought and develop it.  Well, it has been one of those days where I start one thing, move on to another thing, and then another thing.  Kind of an ADD day, so why should my writing be any different.  One of the things that I have done today is to start sorting pictures.  I did a small fraction of them, and one thing keeps coming to mind.  We were so blessed and we had so many good times together.  Thank you God.

For some reason today, don't know if it was the date, the pictures or the weather, probably a combination of all three, I have been thinking about our trip to Australia.  It was a wonderful trip for both of us, a once in a lifetime event.  If I were in Australia right now, where it's tomorrow, it would have been six years since we landed in Australia.  Hi to any of my Aussie friends who may be reading this, love you all.  Love all of the friends I made over there, and I have heard from most of them since Gar passed away.  For some reason, the recurring thought of today had to do with my thoughts when we returned home.  I remember walking across my yard and wondering why I did not hang upside down when I was in Australia.  Made me think about God and how fearfully and wonderfully everything in this world is made.  I remember laughing with Gar about that as we were walking our dogs around the yard.  Quite often, and rightfully so, Gar thought that I was crazy, yet he still loved me :)

I did accomplish one thing today, I finished re-reading the Harry Potter series that I started two weeks ago.  I love those books.  All Saints day is kind of an interesting day to be reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.  One of those lovely timing coincidences that I did not anticipate when I started re-reading them this time around.  Anyhow, it was good, and Harry lives.

So on Sunday I will go to church, and it will be All Saints Sunday.  A time when we stop and remember the saints that have gone before us.  Not only will my prayers be for myself and my family, but for the many families that have lost loved ones this past year.  Thanks be to God for all of those saints, and may God hold their families in God's loving hand.

Well, I'm done rambling for now.  If anyone is reading this and you have made it this far, thanks for hanging in there with me.  It means that you care and that means so much to me.  It's kind of fun to ramble and mean nothing once in a while.  God is good, all the time, and God loves us even when we ramble.

No comments: