Thursday, May 28, 2009

On the road to D.C., or how I rand out of gas on the PA turnpike!

So here I sit, just miles from our nation's capitol.  Cleveland is behind us and league bowling is over until next September.  The national tournament was fun.  We have made so many friends around the country through blind bowling.  It's always great to see them and catch up on each other's lives.  As far as the bowling goes, well Gar and I both showed up, bowled and left, leaving the prize money to others far more deserving than us!  Our trip to D.C. did have one exciting moment in Pennsylvania!  We were on the PA turnpike when I noticed that my gas gauge was getting low.  Soon, the low fuel lite came on.  I didn't panic immediately, thinking that a service plaza would come up shortly.  Well, one did, on the other side of the turnpike, the one on our side was closed and there was not another  one for 35 miles.  So, we drove and drove, looking for an exit, anything.  There was nothing.  Lo and behold, I ran out of gas for the first time in my many years of driving.  Thank God for AAA.  We had run out of gas 5 miles before the nearest exit.  Am I a huge fan of the PA turnpike, no!!  But we got gas, got off at the next exit, filled the tank, found a campground and settled down for the night.  Up bright and early the next day and off for Cherryhill Park Campground, our destination.  Got here, set up camp and we're ready to go see D.C. today.  I'm very excited.  Tomorrow Annie & Kari join up with us, then it's off to Gettysburg and more D.C.

No comments: