Saturday, May 16, 2009

Oh Kentucky!

So here I sit in Kentucky at our campground, Oh Kentucky, doing laundry.  Tomorrow we set off for West Virginia.  Kentucky was awesome and incredible.  Got to meet my friend Maya, face to face.  We've been Internet buds for many years.  It was so cool, no awkwardness, just a meeting of friends.  We dined together, kayaked together and talked, talked, talked.  I'm so glad that we came her and got to meet Maya.  The kayaking was peaceful and serene, and I really liked it.  I was honored that Maya shared this with me, as it's her serenity and very important to her.  Today Gar and I went and toured the Wild Turkey distillery.  I now know more about Kentucky Bourbon than I ever had before.  Of course, Gar had to get a bottle for some sipping.  I'm waiting for him to take a sip and say "smooooooth".  We drove around Lexington and had lunch there.  A beautiful city.  Probably the only draw back is that amount of rain and wind that we've had, but hey, even that hasn't been too bad, and I did get to kayak yesterday, the rain held off till afternoon.  

Of course, it wouldn't be a true vacation log if I didn't mention our first night of vacation.  That was very cool too.  We stayed in Peoria, IL at our friends, Sue and Keith's new house.  They moved to Peoria about a year ago, so it was fun to see their new house.  We are blessed with such great friends, and so far this trip has been all about friends, and that has been great.  More later!

No comments: